2008 EPA M2M GRANT: Pre-feasibility Study on Methane Recovery & Utilization in Nalaikh Coal Mine
- Coal Mines
- Geographical Focus
- Nalaikh Mine Area, Middle-East Megablock, and Tov Province
- Description of Project
- This grant was awarded to conduct a pre-feasibility study on methane recovery & utilization in Nalaikh Coal Mine and to evaluate options/costs/benefits for coal mine methane recovery at an existing government owned mine.
- Partner Countries included in or proposing this activity
- Mongolia, United States
- Instrumental Organizations
- Mongolian Nature & Environmental Consortium
- Estimated lifetime of the project (years):
- Emissions reductions:
- Results and Outcomes
- This project is a pre-feasibility assessment of coal mine methane recovery at the Nalaikh mine. The project evaluates options/costs/benefits for coal mine methane recovery at an existing government owned mine. The mine is very gassy which is causing production costs to go up.
- Additional Documentation
- MNEC_Mongolia_FINAL TECHNICAL REPORT.pdf (PDF)
- Primary contact for this project or activity
First Name: M.
Last Name: Badarch
Organization Name: Mongolian Nature & Environmental Consortium
- Financial And In-Kind Support (U.S. $)
- Total Amount provided by all Partner Countries and Organizations instrumental to this project or activity: $100,000
Description of In-Kind Support: