2008 EPA M2M GRANT: Improving Landfill Methane Energy Recovery from Developing Countries Landfills
- Geographical Focus
- Argentina, India, Mexico
- Description of Project
- This grant was awarded to improving landfill methane energy recovery in 15 landfills in three countries (India, Mexico and Argentina).
- Partner Countries included in or proposing this activity
- Argentina, India, Mexico, United States
- Instrumental Organizations
- Institute for Environmental Management, Inc.
- Estimated lifetime of the project (years):
- Emissions reductions:
- Results and Outcomes
- This project supports work on 15 landfills in 3 countries (India, Mexico, Argentina); helping to select 3 landfills from which to assess permeability layer landfill technology in India
- Additional Documentation
- Primary contact for this project or activity
First Name: Don
Last Name: Augenstein
Organization Name: Institute for Environmental Management, Inc.
- Financial And In-Kind Support (U.S. $)
- Total Amount provided by all Partner Countries and Organizations instrumental to this project or activity: $150,000
Description of In-Kind Support: