Name: Oil and Gas Subcommittee Meeting
Sector: Oil and Gas
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
During this Subcommittee Meeting, we discussed the following:
- Administrative Support Group (ASG): The ASG provided an update of the following:
- Upcoming Partnership-wide meeting
- How can subcommittee support this meeting?
- Ideas for general strategies to encourage attendance and participation in the meeting.
- Strategic communications for promoting meeting, as well as GMI in general (to include attendance at key conferences).
- Linkages to other Partnership programs.
- GMI 10-year Anniversary report/video
- Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC): The U.S. Department of State provided an update on launch of the CCAC Oil and Gas Methane Partnership which was developed through a year-long consultation with a variety of oil and gas companies, and several key CCAC partners.
- Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action (NAMA): We discussed why NAMAs are important and how companies are using NAMAs to inform policy discussions and accessing the financial assistance that industrialized countries have mobilized.
- Finalized the Oil and Gas Statement of Purpose: Collectively, we reviewed and adopted the Statement of Purpose.
Minutes: View the final agenda and minutes (PDF, 9 pp, 125 KB)
The Global Methane Initiative (GMI)