Additional Resources for Oil & Gas Systems
- U.S. EPA's GasSTAR Program - Contains resources and guidance for identifying and prioritizing cost-effective ways to reduce methane emissions from oil and natural gas operations. Some technical support documents are available in Spanish , Russian , and Chinese .
- Energy Management Workshop for Upstream and Midstream Operations:
Increasing Revenue through Process Optimization & Methane Emissions Reduction, January 15-17, 2007, Calgary, Alberta Canada (PDF, 3 pp, 473 KB)
- United States Departement of Energy National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) project case studies
- Energy Conservation Solutions in the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry—An Eco-Efficiency Pilot, 2002 - 2005
- Alberta Canada's Successful Program to Reduced Methane Emissions and Increase Conservation: Flaring and Venting Regulations Overview and Web Links (PDF, 5 pp, 204 KB)
Country-Specific Strategic Plan
- Implementation Plan (PDF, 1 pp, 28 KB) outlines how the O&G Subcommittee will collect relevant input on developing country-specific strategies.
- Document 1: Draft Description of Country-Specific Strategic Plan (PDF, 5 pp, 50 KB) justifies the need to develop these strategies and describes a set of core activities to promote O&G projects.
- Document 2: Draft Proposed Guidance for Developing Country-Specific Strategic Plans (PDF, 5 pp, 53 KB) describes step-by-step activities that might be useful to create strategic plans.
- Appendix to Document 2 (DOC, 5 pp, 107 KB) displays five tables in Microsoft Word that can be edited and incorporated into individual country-specific strategies.
- Document 3: Illustrative Example: Country Strategic Plan for the United States (PDF, 2 pp, 479 KB) is an example of a simplified country-specific plan.